Look at this program. LOOK AT IT
- It’s a great reference for drawing heads in different angles
- It has at least 100 sliders, so you can
recreate your fictional crushcreate many original characters
- IT HAS A FREE VERSION
So basically, this program is the best
If you have interest in creating comics, this book will never be a wasted purchase. Not only does it have pages like this, but it has lots of character, story, and pacing information.
All in all the best buy you could possibly make.
Making Comics by Scott McCloud
The whole film took me altogether about 5 grueling months (usually 10-12hours a day) to do. I often felt my butt was going to grow into the chair I usually sat at.
Please note that this was simply my way of doing my film to achieve the soft-shaded style I wanted; there are many other ways of doing this and some are a lot faster with different results~! :)
- My film on DeviantArt | My film on Vimeo
- My film gifs on Tumblr
- You can see my storyboard animatic here (although the original had music, but like I mentioned, my placeholder music was by Joe Hisaishi, you know, Miyazaki’s composer, so it’s not really legal to upload it).
This tut differs a bit from my dA version, because tumblr lets me put the combination of gifs and jpegs :D.
Here’s a book that will really help you start animating:
here’s some books that are good for composition, storytelling and colours:
- Dream Worlds: Production Design for Animation
- The Art of Pixar: The Complete Color Scripts and Select Art from 25 Years of Animation
- Prepare to Board! Creating Story and Characters for Animated Features and Shorts
I hope these helped
I ask that no one removes the credit or source for this tutorial/guide please. thanks :)
Once again stressing that this is how I do things, not how you should do things. I mean, you can if you want. But it’s entirely a personal thing, as art should be! Always look at other people’s art, as they will come up with poses you hadn’t even thought of and generally broaden your mind.
Here are some useful links:
- pixelovely has photos of life drawing poses and a system that cycles through them like a real life drawing class! You can also pick whether you want just men or women, or just nude or clothed, or both.
- posemaniacs has tons of 3D models in poses. They’re shown on the muscle layer of things so that you can see how the muscles work! All models can be rotated 360 degrees, and come in varying degrees of camera angles from top to bottom. They also have a fantastic hand viewer which has hands that can be rotated along all axes, although there’s a limited selection of poses and the anatomy of the hands themselves could use some work.
- Some great stock providers on deviantArt include SenshiStock aaaand… I can’t find the others right now. I’ll edit this post when I do!
- Here are some other good tutorials and references! one two
god I really hate going on the update tag and all I’m hearing are people crying about their ship, telling john good job, or just hating vriska altogether.
vriska just went threw a breakup, half of her friends left her, and to top it off both of the boys she liked just told her she was awful ( in there own way)
And I’m over here crying over vriska, because she just got stabbed in the heart 3 times in a row. AND NO ONE CARES?!?!?!?!?!?!
VRISKA BABY, OH MY GOD, LET ME HOLD YOU AND TELL YOU YOU’RE BEAUTIFUL BECAUSE EVERY ONE AROUND YOU DOESN’T SEE THAT!!! GOD I’M SO SAD TT~TT
come on and slampora
and welcome to the jampora